Sunday, July 10, 2011

Beautiful beaches & Captivating Cathedrals

My first day in Barcelona did not go as planned. After a lovely morning spent lying on the beach, I decided I should try and venture out and get my first glimpse of the city. After getting a little lost on my way to the Museo Picasso, I stumbled upon the incredible Barcelona Cathedral. Even under construction (like nearly every cathedral here in the city) it was breathtaking to see. After my little detour, I finally found the charming neighborhood where the Museo Picasso is located. However, I was greeted by an unpleasant sight of an hour long line to enter the museum. Had I realized that, since the museum is free on Sunday afternoons, it would probably be busy, I would have arrived earlier. But alas, I did not. Instead of waiting in line to only have to rush through the exhibits, I decided to wander around. After finding the arc de triompf (and an old man, who in Spanish, advised me to watch my purse) I decided to continue my walk. Only after 10 minutes did I realize I was heading in the direction of the Sagrada Familia. Needless to say, I was more than happy to have stumble upon Gaudi's masterpiece. While I did not go inside (as there was yet another long line), just seeing the exterior was enough to make my jaw drop.
Overall, for having only been in the city for 24 hours, without a map or anyone to guide me around, I'd say I had a rather fantastic day. Here's to hoping tomorrow will go a little more as planned- or not since getting lost in Europe is what I do best!
xoxo,
Kacy
Cube Installation at Barceoneta Beach
Barcelona Cathedral
Arc de Triompf
The Sagrada Familia

No comments:

Post a Comment