Thursday, January 6, 2011

Happy New Year!

So its a little delayed but... Happy New Year! I hope it was fantastic for everyone! Kacy visited me in northern California from the 29th to January 4th and we had a fabulous time! Pretty positive she'll be back again soon. So before I document the highlights of our trip I just have to say that one of my top new years resolutions is being more consistent with blog posts. Normally I don't make any resolutions, but this one is important. I spend so much time reading other blogs that one would think I have the time to put some effort into my own! Hopefully I can pull it off, even if I'm off to a slow start. First things first, a recap of the wonderful trip. We started off at the Golden Gate bridge in San Francisco of course!



The weather was clear and beautiful, albeit a little chilly. After we got tired of all the tourists and people trying to bike across the bridge, we continued on to the Haight Ashbury area. I didn't take any noteworthy pictures there, mostly because its all secondhand stores, hippies and stoners but it's definitely worth seeing. The next day we drove down to Monterey to have lunch at Nepenthe. An adorable restaurant overlooking the Pacific Ocean, with great food and even better views.



New Years eve happened somewhere in between these days, which was actually quite fun considering NYE is one of my least favorite holidays ever. We returned to San Francisco later in the week to visit Ghirardelli Square, Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39. Fisherman's Wharf smelled awful but they just built a new building there entirely devoted to Boudin Sourdough bread...I was in heaven. Then we continued to Pier 39, where we saw a street performance by some hot British acrobats and watched the sea lions loaf around for awhile.
Our last stop of the day was Crown and Crumpet, an English tea parlor that opened in 2008. After seeing the parlor featured on Daily Candy I became obsessed and have been waiting to go ever since. So basically, this was a dream come true for me. The place is decorated adorably and the tea and treats are divine. They have a cute little shop as well that sells all the precious, useless knick knacks I love to buy. Visit their website and I guarantee you'll fall in love as well.
Don't these pictures just make you want to come to northern California? I forget why I ever left each time I return from school. Look out for some fun new posts soon! Even though I have been MIA, I've been doing lots of brainstorming and am feeling rather inspired.
xoxo
Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment