Friday, May 27, 2011

Summer Reading

One of my favorite parts of summer is the opportunity to catch up on my reading- and since I never have time during the school year, I usually end up with a list of at least 20 books I want to read in a mere three months. As of now, Im on my fourth book, so it may actually be a possibility. Here (and also in the picture above) is the short list as of now:

1. Lunch in Paris by Elizabeth Bard (Read it in just a couple days, adored every second. However, be careful when attempting any recipes- they don't have very good directions.)
2. The Girls' Guide to Hunting in Fishing by Melissa Bank (Loved it! Read it, read it, read it!)
3. One Fifth Avenue by Candace Bushnell (Currently reading- typical guilty pleasure chick lit. 'nuff said)
4. Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
5. Valley of the Dolls by Jacqueline Susann
6. Sellevision by Augusten Burroughs
7. Cane River by Lalita Tademy (Grandmothers Recommendation)
8. Classy by Derek Blasberg
9. All of Chelsea Handler' books

I'm doing my best to strike a balance between entertainment and literary value, including some comedic reads, but also some classics. I just love having the time and freedom to read for the sheer enjoyment of it, and forget how easy it is to be completely wrapped up in a book (doesnt often happen with business textbooks). Does anyone have any other book recommendations? Favorites? Classics? Quick reads?
Happy summer,
Jenna


1 comment:

  1. yes its so hard to find a book thats entertaining but also educational!

    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete